The mission of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Policy Division (NNPD) of the American Nuclear Society (ANS) is to promote the peaceful use of nuclear technology while simultaneously preventing the diversion and misuse of nuclear material and technology through appropriate safeguards and security, and promotion of nuclear nonproliferation policies.
To achieve this mission, the objectives of the NNPD are to:
- Promote policy that discourages the proliferation of nuclear technology and material to inappropriate entities.
- Provide information to ANS members, the technical community at large, opinion leaders, and decision makers to improve their understanding of nuclear nonproliferation issues.
- Become a recognized technical resource on nuclear nonproliferation, safeguards, and security issues.
- Serve as the integration and coordination body for nuclear nonproliferation activities for the ANS.
- Work cooperatively with other ANS divisions to achieve these objective nonproliferation policies.
To join NNPD, simply visit your ANS membership page. Also, be sure to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn!